We have an innate ability to heal and maintain balance when we’re equipped with the right tools and support.
I love sharing little-known, and often life-changing, information to help others make informed decisions about their health!
I consider myself and educator and am committed to helping others on their wellness journey. Through this website, my goal is to provide factual information and resources to help you make informed decisions about your health – so you can reclaim your natural state of health and vitality.
I have 30+ years of experience in health through education and my career path – and have learned that the body can regenerate and heal from just about anything.
My passion began during my teen years when I became interested in biology, nutrition, and health. In college, after deciding medical school (and its modality) wasn’t of interest, I pursued a Bachelor of Science in Health Education degree, and at the same time, explored alternative, holistic, and complementary health and healing approaches. I then attained my Master of Science in Natural Health and Ph.D. in Natural Health degrees.
- Natural health coaching
- The mental health sector, working with 2 organizations that prepare young adults on the autism spectrum for a life of independence and fulfillment, with personalized academic, therapeutic, and social support
- Being the founding executive director of a nonprofit supporting edible school garden programs, providing garden-centered and farm-based education to students, bringing locally grown farm-fresh food to school meals, and recycling/composting
- Working with an international development nonprofit focused on health/financial education and food security in 24 countries
- Appearing in a documentary about a holistic therapy with the premise that diet (and detoxing, living healthy) can has been shown to cure cancer and other illnesses
- Authoring a 4-time award-winning nonfiction book about the politics and health risks of GMOs: Shedding Light on Genetically Engineered Food, What You Don’t Know about the Food You’re Eating and What You Can Do to Protect Yourself (2007), still available on Amazon
- Feature writer for a variety of magazines and publications
- Being a managing editor for a national glass arts magazine
- Working at a holistic wellness center that helps people with degenerative illnesses and diseases to activate the body’s ability to heal itself
- Being a macrobiotic personal chef
- Creating and growing a healthy food focused catering business
- Being a health food head chef at a restaurant in Georgetown in Washington, DC
- Being a center manager and teaching classes at four Nautilus Fitness Centers
- Working at a prominent weight loss program as a center manager and counselor
- And more.